Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Because "Blog" Spelled Backward is "Golb"

Part of the procrastination that held up the release of my blog was deciding on a name. A blog name tells you a lot about what's in front of you. For example, FU Penguin is about a guy who likes to have sex with penguins. The New York Times' Motherlode blog is written by a bunch of know-it-all urban moms whose snooty advice makes you go, "Wow, what a load!" (Spelling it lode is a fancy-schmancy New York Times thing that justifies them charging nine bucks for the Sunday paper.)

It's obvious that I clearly gave up on choosing a blog name that contained any real purpose or meaning, but I'll have you know that several names were under consideration, including:
  • Shit My Wife Says
  • The Anthony Blog About Anthony Starring Anthony
  • Lou Reed Stole My Pants
  • FU Empire State Building
  • Are You Ready for Some Blogging? [you have to picture Hank Williams, Jr. growling this one]
  • The Perils of a Lonely Leon Redbone Fanatic
  • The "Up Yours" Express
  • Slimboy Fat
  • WeLcOmE tO mY bLoG!!1!
I figure that the blog name I finally settled on will eventually change. Or not. So, yeah, there it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment